Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Crazy Idea...done


The projects are done (I think). Today we created our Voicethreads and it's looks like we are ready to present our projects to our parents. Let me go into a little more detail about the past week and what we've been doing.

As stated in my previous post - My Crazy Idea...Project Update I reconfigured the worksheet I had my students completing in effect simplifying it. The students worked to complete this worksheet. Once they completed the worksheets, I turned those answers into sentences. I allowed the students to place these sentences in any order. The sentences were used to create a Voicethread which they will present to their peers and parents.

This has been a great experience for me. The kids have really enjoyed having a say in their learning, and to see the looks on their faces when they heard their own voice come out of the computer was priceless! I will be doing some reflection on what we have accomplished, and areas that need to be tweaked, but that's a post for another day!

Patrick

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

4 comments:

  1. I've been working all day on Voicethread!- I'm not sure how long it took you to produce your work ... but I had to start again because I had 'doodled' when I did the comments and then I couldn't get rid of the doodles they just turned up in each slide.
    Good luck with your the presentation.
    I've just finished a voicethread about a Valentine enterprise project I did with my students. I am also working on a project of my own about my first year at North London Polytechnic ! -1977

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your misadventure. I did have some issues because I had my instructional assistants doing some of them. The issue I had was they wanted to redo the comments and saved them instead, so some of the picture ended up with 4-5 comments (all saying the same thing). I've not used the 'doodling' option yet.

    Anyway, other than that, I've been using Voicethread as a way to share what we are doing in the classroom with parents, they love getting the information, and seeing the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a current student studying to become a teacher, possibly in special education. What exactly is a Voicethread! and what types of things do you use them for? I am curious because I have never heard of them but it seems like something I may want to institute in my classroom one day to stay connected with the parents. Thank you.

    Skylar Granger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voicethread.com is a very simple slideshow program. You can upload pictures, and then make comments on them. Once you publish it other's who view it can comment too, so you can create a conversation. You can see more information at this blog post - http://teachingall.blogspot.com/2009/01/voicethread.html

    ReplyDelete