I actually have been using this app in my classroom and with clients in my work as a Family Trainer since it was first released in late 2009. Since then I have communicated with Jeff and Lisa (the developers), who are very open to feedback from users. This update of iReward is exciting for me, as it adds several features that I had requested!
iReward is a MUST have app for any classroom or home that has children with special needs (particularly autism).
Video Demo (by developer - our video demo will be uploaded tonight!):
- Support for multiple users - save custom token boards for multiple students on one device
- Organize rewards or token boards by name or group
- Copy/paste rewards between different names
- choice of background colors for names
- choice of tokens (checks, coins, gold and red stars, or smiley faces)
- Include visual of reward
- Take photo of reward using built-in camera, import a from device photo albums, or use built-in Google Image search
- Ability to use two pictures to reinforce a first-then reward
- Record custom audio and/or play video of keyboard when reward completed
- Add or remove tokens
- Option for only adding/removing one token at a time
- Optional sound for when a token is added
- Options for larger images and text, and for playing sound when adding a token
- Ability to "lock" the app, preventing student from making any changes. Unlock the app by shaking device and entering the password.
- In-app help added to first screen
- Remarkable customer service (email@example.com) and user forum
Suggestions for Improvement:
- Ability to create custom tokens
- Ability to select other video rewards (either videos on device or YouTube)
- Optional built-in timer for interval reinforcement schedules
- Data collection - keep track of how many times each session/day a student selected/earned a particular reward
- Ability to share token boards with other devices either by "bumping" devices or through iTunes
The developer have provided us with 3 promo codes for iReward to giveaway to active readers of the Teaching All Students blog. You can enter to win a promo code for iReward by doing the following:
1. Comment below and describe\share what kind of token economy or visual supports you have used to motivate your child or students.
2. Follow @Grembe on Twitter. Tweet the following: "RT @techieteacher This week's #AppMondayTAS features iReward 3.0 by @grembe - electronic token board #edapp #IEAR #spedchat #TeachingAll" AND comment below letting us know you have retweeted.
3. Like Teaching All Students AND Grembe on Facebook. Leave a comment on either Facebook page about this giveaway.
If you choose to do all 3, you will be entered 3 times. Winners will be announced Friday evening. Good luck!
Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers.