Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SMART Board Resources


I haven't been feeling in the mood to write posts lately, and really haven't had much inspiration. And my gut tells me don't write just to write, so that's that. I've come across quite a few SMART Board resources that I can't wait to try out (I'm getting mine sometime this Fall!!!).

PBS Kids - PBS has recently added an entire section to their website specifically designed for SMARTBoards. It includes stories, games, and videos all broken into categories. There's even an activity where you can sign in individual students and follow their progress.

Fraction Monkey - A simple game where you match fractions using common denominators. Easy to play, great as a whole group or center activity.

Panorama Website - An amazing website with panoramic pictures of sites from around the globe. High quality amazing pictures.

Money Flashcards - A site that allows students to count money from Aplusmath. Uses all coins and bills.

A new blog that I've come across is The Whiteboard Blog. They recently posted 20 Interactive Whiteboard Resources, a great post for all SMARTBoard users.

I also recommend you read Anne Marie's Talking SMARTBoards & More if you are interested in more resources.

Patrick

Photos courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons: Touring_fishman


Share this
Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

4 comments:

  1. I am currently working on my master's degree and one of my assignments is to post a response on a blog. I found yours interesting because I use a SmartBoard everyday in my 2nd grade classroom. So here you go, your first response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you found the list useful! I can't wait to use my SMARTBoard this year. I've been waiting to get one for a while. I hope that you come back often and keep reading. Lots more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the link to my Whiteboard blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Danny. I've enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for reading mine!

    ReplyDelete