UPDATE (08/22): The promo code giveaway for this app has ended. Winners have been announced - see comments. Thanks everyone for participating!
So Much 2 Say by Close 2 Home Apps, LLC (iTunes App Store, iPad, $39.99) is an augmentative alternative communication (AAC) or picture communication app designed specifically for individuals with cognitive and speech impairments. Additionally, this app was developed with two distinct classes of users in mind: Learner & Administrator. The primary user is the Learner him/herself. The Administrator is one of several people that work with the Learner (i.e. teachers, therapists, parents, other family members, etc.) who make changes to the app’s configuration as the Learner progresses. We believe that both classes of users’ needs must be catered to in order to realize the full potential of the learning process.
Skill(s) Addressed: Communication
- Clean, simple user interface
- Flexible layout options
- Ranging from single card/item per page to multiple pages of categories
- Room for growth
- Intuitive configuration/options/settings
- Adding vocabulary is quick & easy (simple 3-step process), so this app can fit user's needs across all environments
- Choice of image sources: included photos, device photo library, or use the camera on iPad 2 to take a picture
- Ability to add your own audio or voice recording to each card
- Card filtering - limits search results to help quickly find the card from the library you're looking for. Cards already in use on the homepage are grayed out to prevent duplicates.
- Optional password protection of Edit Mode
- Illustrated and video tutorials as well as FAQs available on website
Promo Code Giveaway:
The developer has given us 3 promo codes to giveaway. To win a promo code for So Much 2 Say app:
1. Follow @kirsten_C2Happs and tweet about this promo code giveaway "I just entered #B2SAppSpecials #promocode giveaway on #teachingall for So Much 2 Say. You should too. #augcomm #AACapps"
2. Like Close 2 Home Apps, LLC on Facebook. Comment on their wall about the #B2SAppSpecials promotion and tell them you came for the promo code giveaway on the Teaching All Students blog.
3. Comment below and share why you think So Much 2 Say would be a good match in terms of an AAC solution for your child or students.
Winners be announced Monday night in a comment below. Good luck!!