Sunday, November 2, 2008

#30D2BBB - 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger



As a fairly new blogger I'm always looking for ways to improve my posting. I came across this challenge on Kate's Blog and decided to take the challenge from Teach42. I'll be continuing my regular posts, but will also post along with the challenge.

Day 1 - Question 1: Who Am I?



I have always had an about me page on the right side of this blog, but how about a little more information. I'm a 31 year old, self described "geek". I have been teaching students with multiple disabilities for 8 years now, in several schools in the Suburban Chicago area. I have a special interest in technology, it's just something I've always been attracted to, but recently I've become more interested in how technology can be used to help students learn. After attending several conferences, including Closing the Gap, I've become even more interested.

I live in Schaumburg, IL with my wife of 8 years and 2 cats. I love to read (sci-fi mostly), game (both board and RPG), see my friends, work on my computer (not my most lovable quality if you ask my wife), and cook (Alton Brown is GOD!). I'm currently teaching in Mt Prospect, IL and love it!

Day 1 - Question 2: What's this blog about?



This blog is about what I've learned about Assistive Technology, new technologies that are promising/interesting, and things I'm doing in the classroom. While this is in no way connected to my school and I will never specifically discuss the classroom, there are time when I write about general things I might be doing with my students. I will never include student information, or pictures of my students. They deserve privacy.

So that's it, my first in a long line of ways to improve my blogging stay tuned!

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment