Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Long Overdue Thank You!

I want to take a moment to send a Thank You out to a young gentleman who helped me a great deal. Last school year I was approached by this young man who had a proposal for me. He was attempting to gain the rank of Eagle Scout from the Boy Scouts of America and was looking to complete his project by helping my classroom. As an Eagle Scout myself, I jumped at his offer. The project he wished to complete was to modify as many books as possible for a classroom of students with significant cognitive disabilities. He offered to record the books onto CD and also to adapt some of the books with pictures from Boardmaker.


One of the reasons he chose to do this project is that his sister is a student with significant cognitive disabilities, and was in my classroom at the time. The project, completed last spring, was a rousing success!! With the help of his entire troop, he recorded 40 children's books to CD, and adapted at least 10 of them using Boardmaker.


I know that I've told him before, but I again want to say thank you for all the work that you did during this project. I also want to put this out there to other boys working on obtaining their Eagle Scout, please consider this project for yourself. I can think of so many classrooms in this country that struggle to get any books for their students, this is such a worthwhile cause. The education of many students will be enriched by the generosity, effort, and love that was put into this project. Thank You!




Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment