Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trabasack

I was contacted this summer to review the Trabasack.  The Trabasack is a lap tray/backpack/shoulder bag, it's actually hard to explain.  So let's start with what it does.  The Trabasack Curve that I was asked to review comes with several straps which you can use to secure it around your waist (if sitting), use as a back pack, or use as a shoulder bag.  It comes with a built in pocket to store AAC devices, or laptops (which is what I've been using it for!).  The tray part on top is felt and works great to hold velcro pieces.

I've been using the Trabasack personally for several weeks now, and am quite impressed with it.  The pocket is large and fits my Macbook with no problems.  It is light enough to take around the school, and sturdy enough to put up with some abuse!  I think that the design is my favorite part.  It's a very ingenious design and lends itself to many uses.  I can see where it would work very well for a person in a wheelchair, allowing stability and freedom of movement.  It is a well made, well thought out product.

Trabasack was developed in the UK and has only been available in the US for a short while.  It is $75.95 from Wheelchair Accessories.

For more information please visit the Trabasack website - http://www.trabasack.co.uk/content/sensory-play-tray


- Patrick

**I was sent a review unit of this product**

Share this
Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers.