Monday, October 20, 2008

Book Desktop Template

I've been struggling with a way to allow my students independent access to the powerpoint books I've created. I have many books, and the kids love to read them, but they can't open them independently. That's a major problem, I'd love them to have the opportunity to do it on their own. Taking a cue from Yuichi and a quick e-mail to tech support, here's what I've come up with:





Book Desktop Template

There are a few little things you need to do to make this file work for you. First you need to transfer the files you wish to open (powerpoint or whatever) to the SDP Externals folder inside your Boardmaker folder (I assume this works on PC, but I haven't tried it).



Book Template is the first page you open, and I put a category picture on this page and link it to the Book page (template.bm2) where I actually put link to the book.

Here's a look at the programming on the Desktop Book Template button to change it to the book page:



Once on the Book Page I programmed the button to open the powerpoint file. Here's a photo of that:



This has been quite an experience for me, I've really learned a lot. The only thing I need to check out is that it works with my switch set-up. I'll keep you posted on that front

1 comment:

  1. I'll comment for you! :-) This is a great idea! I've been looking for the same thing for one of my students. When I have some time I'll have to play with the idea. Thanks for sharing! Alicia

    ReplyDelete