Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School....



So remember that post a few months ago, that post where I said I was feeling ready for the year, how I felt I was prepared...I was wrong. I was totally unprepared for this year. I had plans, I was all set things were going well, it was a false sense of security. I've come home exhausted and had absolutely no motivation to get ready for the next day, let alone blog. I have some great ideas for posts, I even started some drafts, but my blogging time (usually after my wife goes to bed) has been interrupted by something important, sleep. Basically in the first 3 weeks of school a student of mine has had some significant changes, which has changed the entire room, and I've lost an instructional assistant for an undetermined length of time to a freak classroom accident (she tripped over the trampoline and broke her wrist). So things have been strange, between having a sub for the injured assistant, and a sub to just help out, it's been strange.

On the positive sign, things are looking up! I think that this week is the week to get back blogging! I've never intended to post everyday, but I had intended to at least put up something 3-4 times a week. So now I'll be getting back on track. I hope that you the reader continue to read, and also hope I haven't lost too many of you! Good luck to all of you starting a new year, and let's make it a good one!

Patrick

photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons: Kyle Kesselring

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling prepared. I have 5 one-on-one students with myself, and assistant and an attendant. I have 2 nurses but they are only able to do medical stuff. 5 kids in wheelchairs, 30 lifts a day (at least) between the 3 of us. I am exhausted and my back hurts. I should be planning now, but I am barely able to put a thought together. Our program also lost an assistant to budget cuts.

    Good luck, I hope things keep improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought it was just me. For me it was having a new student move in who has taken up a lot of time. I'm actually kind of surprised I'm still awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I'm just glad I'm able finally settle down and start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this wonderful blog. Please keep up the good work.
    mba

    ReplyDelete