Wednesday, July 22, 2009

#Onecomment

What would it take for most people to post one comment on a blog? I know I try and do it. Andy from iTeach has a challenged bloggers and readers to do just that, here's his idea:

Here is the process.


1. Read a blog


2. Post a comment that is insightful and constructive.


3. Tweet a link to the blog and your comment. Use the hash tag #OneComment


EXAMPLE: I just read a great piece on iTeach blog, check it out! #OneComment


4. Bookmark the blog and return to it another time.


It is just that easy! This Project will help create a positive forum for all who blog and comment. There are so many good educational blogs out there and I look forward to hearing your feedback and engaging in your comments!

The second phase of this project will be a featured blog a week project. This forum will review and promote one educational blog per week. It will also try and introduce new edu-blogs into the learning community. I will be setting up a Ning for this venture. The sole purpose of both ventures is to promote learning and create an engaging dialogue between so many great academic minds. The twitter hash tag for this will be #1Newblog

Please send me your thoughts, suggestions and feedback on both new ventures!I would also like to put together a small team to help with this venture due to the time consuming nature of the project. If you would like to help your fellow bloggers and be an integral part of this venture, please contact me at onecommentproject@gmail.com

I have also set up a separate twitter account for this second phase. It will be @1commentproject. Please follow it for blog updates and blog promotions. When we spread the word about great blogs, we all shine!

I would be looking for help with the following:

1. Finding new blogs

2. Posting Reviews of Blogs

3. Archiving a Blog roll on the Ning

4. Monitoring the Ning


I am very passionate about this project and am putting a lot of time and energy behind it. My belief is that we can all learn from each other and have endless technologies to help us collaborate! I really hope to see my PLN jump on board with me and help promote the edu-blogging community!


One Comment Project T-shirts, beach towels and pillow cases to follow!


I've started doing this and I think it's been a great way to read new blogs. Happy Commenting!


- Patrick

Share this
Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

4 comments:

  1. I know how to comment, but you lost me with the twitter. Maybe I'll give it a try. By the way, if you are promoting blogs, check out JT Spencer's Musings from a not so masterful teacher. He is one of my favorite teacher bloggers. I agree with you that we all need to share the blogging love with comments. It makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,

    Basically you can tweet that you just commented on a story, then put the tag #onecomment. That way anyone who searched for #onecomment will find it right away and be able to see all the people who've made a comment. It makes it more powerful because the more people who see it, the more it gets read.

    Thanks for the blog, I'll be sure to check it out today!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried but I think I messed up. How do I create a link to my comment? Do I just hyperlink your post and put it in twitter? I am always a lot of trouble.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I love helping people so don't worry about it. Yes, paste the URL for this post into your Twitter post, then put #onecomment at the end.

    ReplyDelete