Monday, May 18, 2009

iPrompts



I've been introduced to a very interesting program for the iPod Touch and iPhone called iPrompts. Let me start off this post by saying, I have received a free copy of this app. They did not contact me, they did not ask me to write this post. I saw a request for testers and decided to try it out. So here's what I think.


iPrompts
is a simple, easy to use, and customizable app. At it's simplest, it has a library of images, and you can show them to a student. It also has a countdown timer, schedule creator, and choice board. The symbols are line drawings, but you can add photos from the iPhone camera to your library. At this time the ability to add your own photos using the iPod Touch is not working, it will be fixed in the next update.

It also allows you to create simple linear schedules and you can highlight the item you are doing at the moment. There do seem to be a few glitches with this part of the app, as I have to leave the schedule and go back to it to add more pictures. With the countdown timer you can set it to as long as you want, as well as put a picture of what the student should be doing during the countdown, or what will happen after the timer goes off.

So far I am impressed with the program, there are a few bugs to work out, but it's still being worked on. One of the first things I did with the iPod Touch I got from my school was to add photos from Boardmaker to make it more useful as a teaching tool. iPrompts allows me to do this in a simple, efficient form.

You can purchase iPrompts from the iTunes Store for $74.99. This is a great program!

Patrick

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers