Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My crazy idea....



Have you ever had an idea that you just couldn't get out of your head, lately that's been me. I've always been an advocate for teaching students with significant disabilities as much as possible, and have wondered how I could include more student driven content in my classroom. The challenge is that students with significant cognitive disabilities are most certainly receptive learners, and student driven content is an expressive process, so how to bridge that gap?

So here comes my crazy idea, my students will be creating a presentation about the desert biome and an animal that resides in the desert. They will be creating this presentation from information they collect from books and the internet. This project will be student driven with help from myself and my assistants.

So join me on my journey. It will be interesting, but I think it will end with both students and teachers extremely happy!

Patrick

Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons: Cayusa

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about the progress of this project- it sounds great!
    anne marie

    ReplyDelete