Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Crazy Idea...-Project Status

So we've started our project. The students have picked their animals and the research has been stated! I started by creating an educator account (which is free!) Diigo.com and added a group to collect links about desert animals and the desert. These collection of links will be used to do the majority of the research, with help.

The students started reading through the facts and we wrote down what they liked. While this research is unfocused, I plan on changing that when we start the next part of our project. The next part of the project will have the students looking through the facts they've found (and we've written) to fill out a worksheet about the animal. If they don't have the information, they will go back and find it.

You can download a copy of the Desert Animal Fact Worksheet at Adapted Learning (make sure you log in first).

This part of the project may take a while, and we are heading out on spring break tomorrow. I will continue this idea when we get back into the project!

Patrick

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. I'd never heard of Diigo, but a similiar website I've used before that I really enjoy is TrackStar. Check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Diigo.com because you can use it for your personal bookmarks too. By saving a group to Diigo, it makes it very easy to save to multiple groups. I've never heard of TrackStar so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete