Monday, February 16, 2009

sqworl.com

Recently, I'd seen, via Twitter, a site that allowed you to create thumbnails pictures of sites, a visual bookmark you might say. While, I'm not sure if Sqworl.com is the site I originally saw, but it is a great site for the purpose. I decided to search Larry Ferlazzo's Website of the Day, he has a post of the best sites for bookmarking.

What I found was Sqworl.com. Sqworl is a very easy site to use. Once you register you can create groups, a group is a page full of links. Once you put in the link it will create a thumbnail image of the site. The thumbnails will be saved and a link will be created that you can share. Once each group is saved, the link will take you to a page full of thumbnails! It's a great way to allow students the opportunity to choose something they might like to look at or do. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Patrick

Share this

Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. f you need a tutorial please visit this post: RSS Readers

1 comment: